PUBLIC JUSTICE CENTER SEEKS STAFF ATTORNEY
The Public Justice Center ("PJC"), a Maryland-based non-profit anti-poverty and civil rights legal organization, is seeking a Staff Attorney. The PJC brings impact litigation and works on policy projects on a broad range of issues, including: housing, workers' rights, the rights of recent immigrants, health rights, juvenile justice and civil rights.
The qualified candidates should have at least 3 years experience in civil litigation, strong research and writing skills and a demonstrated commitment to social reform and public interest law. The ability to speak Spanish is
a plus. The incumbent will:
• litigate cases in state and federal court in the PJC's priority areas;
• investigate and develop potential impact cases;
• advocate on behalf of under represented persons, including legislative advocacy;
• assist with public and media relations for PJC litigation matters;
• assist in devising and implementing litigation policies and strategies;
• recruit and coordinate/supervise work of pro bono attorneys and law student interns
Admission to the Maryland bar, or eligibility for immediate admission is required.
The Public Justice Center encourages all interested persons to apply, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, a resume and a writing sample to:
Public Justice Center, Inc.
500 East Lexington Street, Suite 200
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Position open until filled